Feeling pretty darn good

I started Prednisone on Sunday. My little Easter treat. I had hoped that the prescription would have been called in late on Friday, but tried not to hope too much. Because we knowing low expectations can be key.

I think the pharmacist was surprised by my utter joy - who wants to take a drug with this host of side effects? The answer in short is me.

I like bounding up my stairs. I like walking erect, like a real girl, instead of being hunched over in the morning. I like feeling my fingers and not just when they are zinging with sharp pain.

Look, I have feet. I can feel them.

Yes, yes, there has been some insomnia, but nothing outlandish. And I am eating my veggies and eating sparingly for I know this stuff can pack on the pounds. In fact, I have trying to lose pounds from Prednisone this year anyway. Every time I reached for a questionable item at the grocery store this week, I pictured my doctor, with his head in his hands, asking me to promise that I would be careful with my diet during treatment.

Shame is effective. I will see him again soon. I hate being in trouble.

Technorati tags:

Comments

klbrowser said…
Hi! Just wanted to mention that I stumbled across your blog on the Technorati search engine. Hope the prednisone is helping.

I too have Sjogren's, neuropathy and killer headaches that can last as long as two months straight. No brain tumor, fortunately, but instead a host of inconvenient ailments such as fibromyalgia, celiac disease, diabetes, hypothyroidism, gastroparesis and chronic myofascial pain. I am 43.

I blog too if you'd like to take a peek, but I must admit the entries have been sparse since I moved to a new state a few months ago and have been stuck in the illness exacerbation from Hades. I'm actually supposed to be looking up Medicaid info right now, but I needed a break and the chance to commiserate with someone whose world contains similarities to mine.

Oh, and I LOVE the name of your blog!

Popular Posts