One week later

I made it to horse camp. We were all intact. There were mosquitoes, bunk beds and silly little girls; I met some fun ladies aka the 'Moms' of said silly girls. I was proud that I made it through a rough night's sleep and really bad food.

(Not what the doctor ordered.)

But I am glad we went and I saw Lexi ride a horse for the first time.

The weekend was busy, and I had a great time with family and friends. I ate too much, laughed too much and even drank a little booze. I felt pretty good.

Enter Monday. It all caught up with me.

I am beginning to understand that I am on a budget; my wages have been diced. When I borrow too much, the creditors start hounding me and one way or another, I will pay.

I don't regret my fun weekend. It's just that Monday was rough. I bathed in Batherapy and wondering if I could go through the day, with green paste slabbed on me. Would the kindergarten class notice?

The 'normal' zinging sensation in my feet have been punctuated with jolts, that make me jump. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and I had accidentally touched a live wire at my Grandma's house. The cows may be dumb, but I get why they stayed clear of the fence. It bites.

By Wednesday, I was starting to feel a little better. Today, Zack woke up with a fever. I've cancelled my plans and am hoping for the best.

Please be tough immune system. No attacking the good parts, just keep me well. We have another exciting weekend planned, one I'd hate to miss.

I'm having a tough time with my Pollyanna shtick.

Okay, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure this too will pass.

Not convincing, but it's a start.

Technorati tags:

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
It's important to have moments of enjoyment the lighten the spirit.
Anonymous said…
We are so glad you and Greg came out last night to the auction. I enjoyed talking with Greg and Stephanie appreciated the help at checkout. Your co-vice-presidentialness is showing already ;) Hope the fun does not kick you in the butt for the rest of the week.

-Stu

Popular Posts